Last Updated: January 10, 2022
1. WHO WE ARE
JMS Media is a U.S. based company that produces episodic content and promotional services enabling consumers to enter sweepstakes and win prizes as well as providing marketing services through our marketing partners.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide to us. We collect the personal information that you provide to us when you provide us with contact information or use the Site or Services, when you send us an email or communicate with us in any way or participate in any of our promotions.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your general location using different types of technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi. We also collect IP addresses and device identifiers that may provide location information. We also collect addresses from entrants in order to also send out prizes.
- Information We Collect Automatically Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. We, or third parties operating on our behalf, use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information about how you interact with our Sites and Services and other websites over time and across devices. For more information on cookies and similar tracking technology and how they are used, and how you can opt out of such use, please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Information Imported from Social Networks. When you choose to interact with us through social media your interactions with social media platforms (“Social Networks”) typically allows the Social Networks to collect information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from the Social Networks, or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our Services. Social Networks may collect information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms even when you are not directly interacting with their applications. Please review the Social Networks’ privacy policies and choices for sharing information of any Social Network connected to our Services.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, our marketing partners, and fraud detection companies.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect or receive (alone or in combination):
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, to respond to any customer service issue, feedback, or information relating to the promotional offer you responded to, including sending you redemption codes and details for how you can redeem prizes, and providing your details to the applicable marketing partner who cosponsored our promotions so that you can redeem the offers presented to you by that marketing partner or notify you about your status in any of our promotions.
- To send you marketing communications in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, redemption details, information regarding our Services or Sites, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies or information on how to receive a prize.
- To personalize your experience on our Sites by presenting content and offers tailored to you and your interests, including by creating custom audiences on social media sites.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products or services, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- For other reasons that we describe to you at the time of collection.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients and for the following reasons:
- Service providers. In order to provide our Services to you, it is necessary for us to disclose your information to service providers who perform certain functions of our Services on our behalf. Examples include cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); and fulfillment providers (to enable you to redeem any promotional offers when you access our Services).
- Marketing Partners. We selectively share our email list with marketing partners so that they may provide you with information about product or service offerings which may be of interest to you. See Section 5 for how to opt out of our sharing of your information for these purposes.
- Targeted Advertising. We will share your information collected about your visits over time and across our Services and multiple devices and other websites with our advertising partners in order to serve targeted advertising to you. For more information on targeted advertising and how to manage your preferences please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure, as permitted by law.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- Access to Information. If you have provided us with information when you entered a sweepstakes you can access, correct, update, and delete personal information you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us at JMS Media LLC, 6249 Langdon Ave, Van Nuys CA 91411.
- Opting-Out of Marketing Emails. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email, by emailing email@example.com, or writing to us at JMS Media LCC, 6249 Langdon Ave, Van Nuys CA 91411. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes
- Turning Off Tracking Technologies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to control your cookies. It is important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for more information.
Browser “Do Not Track” Signals. Some third-party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites, which are automatically applied by default. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Interest Based Ads. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for opt out information.
- Control Tools on Your Mobile Devices. There may be controls on your mobile devices to control your privacy settings.
- Consent. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then depending on the jurisdiction where you reside and applicable law you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
6. NEVADA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
A Notice to Nevada Residents: Under Nevada law, if you are a resident of Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by sending an email to NevadaPrivacyRequest@jms.media, with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” along with your first and last name, zip code, and whether you are a former or current member of any of our Services so that we can match your information to your account.
7. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
8. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you should take care in deciding what information you send us in this way.
9. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to maintain records of fraud, to enforce our agreements or comply with our legal obligations), or in accordance with our standard business practices.
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Sites and Services are provided and hosted in the United States. If you are using the Sites or Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those other entities with whom we share your personal information, in the United States and other locations. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. By using the Sites or Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information, where permitted by law.
10. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Sites and Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed or intended for anyone under 18 years of age. You must be 18 years of age to use the Sites or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by an individual under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information.
12. CONTACT US
When contacting us, please include your full name, address, phone number, and email address, and indicate the specific nature of your request or inquiry.